How can loft insulation help reduce my energy bills
Homeowners often overlook the importance of regularly checking their insulation, but it is essential to maintaining a comfortable home.
If your home isn’t insulated well, you’ll likely spend more each month on utility bills. In the winter, you may need to use your boiler and internal radiators more often to keep the house warm. Alternatively, in hot weather, poor insulation could make your home harder to cool down.
Homes with uninsulated roofs lose, on average, a quarter of their heat. By insulating your loft, you can reduce heat loss and cut back expenses on heating bills.
Not sure about how much loft insulation you need? No worries! Just ask your contractor to calculate the cost of installation and show you how it will pay for itself over time. With proper installation, loft insulation can last 40 years or more.
Choosing your homes loft insulation
Insulating a loft should be simple if it is readily accessible and free of moisture or condensation concerns. In some situations, you may even be able to accomplish it yourself.
If your loft is easy to access and has straight joists, you can use mineral wool insulation. Mineral wool rolls come in handy for insulating a loft with wooden straight joists by simply placing them between the cracks. Then, lay another layer perpendicularly to cover the gaps and achieve the required depth for insulation.
Why You Should Insulate Your Loft
There are so many reasons to make sure that the insulation in your loft is sufficient, some of which include:
- Save alot of money on your energy bills every month!
- Loft insulation may last for more than four decades when properly installed.
- If you don’t have any experience, it would be tough to install by yourself. If you do have experience though, the process is quick and easy.
- You may use this product to keep your house warm during the winter months.
- The property will be cooler in the summer.
- Making your home more energy-efficient has multiple benefits – it will be worth more and help the environment.